In my online travels I stumbled across SheBrand Founder, Liz Dennery Sanders and signed up for her newsletter. In return, I was able to download a free copy of “101 Ways To Build a Powerful Personal Brand Inside and Out.” As I started reading through the report I realized that I should start writing down my answers to the thought-provoking questions. So, I thought, in the interest of transparency and my drive to connect with my readers on multiple levels, why not blog about it?! I have plenty of ideas about who I am, what I do and what I want to be doing and, although I can make a case for marketing just about anything, I often find that I fall short on selling myself. In this post, I’m going to walk through the Authentic Brilliance section and share with you my answers and thoughts to these self-reflecting prompts.
List out your “Descriptors” – the three to five words that BEST describe you.
Know your top five values.
(Family, is a given. So are friends. Here are the others. If you want to prioritize your values check out this Assessment)
- Creativity. To be innovative. To create new and better ways of doing things.
- Personal Development. To learn and to do challenging work that will help me grow, that will allow me to utilize my best talents and mature as a human being.
- Personal Accomplishment. To achieve significant goals. To be involved in undertakings I believe personally are significant – whether or not they bring me recognition from others.
- Enjoyment. To enjoy my work. To have fun doing it.
- Loyalty. To be committed to the goals of a group of people who share my beliefs, values and ethical principles.
Know your top five strengths. (I used the Authentic Happiness Brief Strengths Test to help answer this one.)
- Curiosity [interest, novelty-seeking, openness to experience]
- Persistence [perseverance, industriousness]
- Creativity [originality, ingenuity]
When you are asked about what you do, focus on the benefits and results, not the features. No. But I should! Here are some of the things I know I have, can and will continue to do-
I create award-winning strategic programs. I drive success. I make things happen. I lead by example. I focus on results. I work endlessly to ensure satisfaction!
Understand what sets you apart from others in your industry – your Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
To answer this question, I am going to focus on what I do well for product reviews. That is, because I understand social media, public relations, marketing, brand awareness, perception and engagement, I’m not your typical Mommy Blogger. I’ve designed programs that capture the insights OF Mommy Bloggers. I have a good idea about when to post, where to post and how to share so that product reviews receive the highest possible visibility and click-through. I drive success!